NEWS & EVENTS
NDG is pleased to announce the addition of labs for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNAv7) curriculum, which builds the skills learners need to get hired and succeed in jobs related to networking computers and other devices. The following labs are now available for NETLAB+ VE:
- CCNA1: Introduction to Networks v7
- CCNA2: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials v7
- CCNA3: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation
All CCNAv7 labs are supported using the new, Multi-Device Pod (MDP).
Current users of the Multi-Purpose Academy Pod (MAP) and Multi-Purpose Academy Pod w/ASA (MAP w/ASA): We will be evaluating the feasibility of also supporting CCNAv7 labs with these topologies, and will provide additional information when available.
We’d like to share some news with you about a program, Girls Go CyberStart (GGCS), which gives high school girls the opportunity to explore cybersecurity in a safe, barrier-free environment.
In the past, students may have been discouraged from playing in cyber contests due to hurdles with getting access to the technology girls need to play. To make sure technology isn’t a hurdle, we’ve partnered with GGCS to provide access to a cloud-based PC, so that every girl has what she needs to participate.
Girls have no limits on what they can achieve, and neither does Girls Go CyberStart! Learn More
To make it even more exciting, Girls Go CyberStart has cash prizes for individuals and schools to win!
To be eligible to participate, students must:
- Identify as female.
- Be at least 13 years old on December 2, 2019.
- Be enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade at a public or private school (or the homeschool equivalent) within the United States.
To help spread awareness and give more students an opportunity to participate, please consider sharing this information with the high school instructors in your community.
NDG is pleased to announce the following lab library has been added to our supported curriculum content options for NETLAB+ VE.
Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Gateway v9.0 – New Labs Now Available
The Cybersecurity Gateway labs enable students to build an understanding of the fundamental principles of networking. Through hands-on practice, students will explore the general concepts involved in maintaining a secure network computing environment, using Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls.
- Access to the Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Gateway v9.0 labs is available to customers who have joined the Palo Alto Networks Academy.
- Please see the NDG website for details regarding the Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Gateway v9.0 labs.
Also, we want to make you aware of a recent update to the Palo Alto Networks Firewall 9 Essentials – EDU 210 lab design.
- The updated release of the Palo Alto Networks Firewall 9 Essentials – EDU 210 lab design requires an update through Course Manager to Release 2 and requires a new deployment of the following OVA along with its matching version and build number. Firewall: (Version: 1, Build: 2020012102).
- Please see the release notes (January 23, 2020) for additional details.
VMware IT Academy and Network Development Group invite you to join our interactive webinar, where instructors will present 3 new FREE micro-courses for High Schools and Colleges. These courses (see details below) are easy to integrate into any program of study, whether it be networking, computer science, or general IT. Students can experience virtual labs, videos, and receive a badge upon completion. These skills can help students jump-start a career in a high-demand field and lead the digital future.
We are offering a choice of 2 webinar sessions:
- When: February 26, 2020, 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: VMware IT Academy and NDG Webinar
Register in advance for this webinar: https://VMware.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_qbXsZuZBQBOJHp1w1-b9BA
- When: February 26, 2020, 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: VMware IT Academy and NDG Webinar
Register in advance for this webinar: https://VMware.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_N94VvHDCSDOfOSBUf9pDnw
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.
We hope you will join us!
NDG is pleased to announce the following addition to our supported curriculum content options for NETLAB+ VE.
VMware vSphere Optimize and Scale v6.7 – New lab library available
These labs provide the hands-on experience needed to gain advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure.
- Information on obtaining software and licenses can be found in the VMware vSphere: O&S v6.7 Pod Installation and Configuration Guide (section 3).
- Please be aware that the installation of VMware vSphere: O&S v6.7 virtual pods requires that your NETLAB+ VE system is equipped with software version 19.5.0 or later.
- For additional information, please see the VMware vSphere O&S 6.7 Pod quick reference page.
Thank you for choosing NETLAB+ to support your educational programs. NDG is pleased to announce the following lab library has been added to our supported curriculum content options for NETLAB+ VE.
Palo Alto Networks Firewall 9.0 Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210)
These labs will enhance the student’s understanding of how to configure and manage Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. The student will gain hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring a firewall in a lab environment.
- Access to the Firewall 9.0 Essentials labs is available to customers who have joined the Palo Alto Networks Academy.
- Please see the NDG website for details regarding the Palo Alto Networks Firewall 9.0 Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210) labs, pod design, and virtual machines.
NDG is pleased to announce that the following Red Hat® Academy System Administration Labs have been added to our supported curriculum content options for NETLAB+ VE. The lab content is accessed directly from the Red Hat Academy online portal. Instructions for accessing the labs are included within the NETLAB+ lab designs, please also refer to the release notes.
- Red Hat System Administration I: (RH124-RHEL8) provides a foundation for students wishing to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and other enterprise-level tools. RH124 is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration “survival skills” by focusing on core administration tasks.
- Red Hat System Administration II: (RH134-RHEL8) is designed for students who have completed RH124; these labs go deeper into enterprise Linux administration, including file systems and partitioning, logical volumes, SELinux, firewalling, and troubleshooting.
- Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294-RHEL8) is intended for experienced Linux system administrators who have completed RH124 and RH134; these labs help teach the skills needed to manage large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently. Learners will gain hands-on practice of the techniques needed to use Ansible® to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration.