NEWS & EVENTS
NDG is pleased to announce the following additions to our supported curriculum content options for NETLAB+ through our partnership with Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy.
- Cybersecurity Gateway labs enable students to build an understanding of the fundamental principles of networking. Through hands-on practice, students will explore the general concepts involved in maintaining a secure network computing environment, using Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. Students will learn to examine and implement basic networking configuration techniques, as well as describe general networking fundamentals.
- Cybersecurity Essentials labs allow students to gain hands-on practice in evaluating cybersecurity principles and demonstrating how to secure a network computing environment through the application of security controls, using Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. While examining strategies for network defense, students will deploy a variety of security methodologies, as well as technologies and concepts used for implementing secure network environments.
Access to these labs is available to customers who have joined the Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy. These labs are available on NETLAB+ VE systems only. We encourage our NETLAB AE/PE customers to consider the benefits of upgrading to a NETLAB+ VE system.
NDG is pleased to announce the addition of Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops labs to our supported curriculum content options for NETLAB+.
The CCNA Cyber Ops curriculum prepares learners for opportunities in security operation centers as an analyst or incident responder. The hands-on labs focus on the skills needed to monitor, detect and respond to cybersecurity threats. Topics include cryptography, host-based security analysis, security monitoring, computer forensics, attack methods and incident reporting and handling. See the details on the NDG website for enabling the CCNA Cyber Ops labs.
Due to recent General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR), we would like to bring to your attention the availability of the NETLAB+ Data Processing Addendum. Also, please be aware of the end-of-service schedule for remote backups (details below), which affects all NETLAB AE/PE systems both within and outside the European Union (EU).
Data Processing Addendum
For institutions located in the European Union and institutions that may serve learners that are EU citizens, your organization may have a need for a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) for NETLAB+. As such, NDG has created an addendum to our NETLAB+ agreement for GDPR. This addendum can be reviewed and accepted at the following URL: https://www.netdevgroup.com/products/dpa_agreement. Please note that in order for this addendum to be in effect, the acceptance click-through process must be completed and you must be current on your NETLAB+ maintenance agreement. You should receive confirmation of your acceptance within 2 business days via email.
As you are the controller of the data and NETLAB+ is a local premise software product, we recognize you are in control of the data you enter and the processes you implement for on-boarding your learners. We are providing this NETLAB+ Data Processing Agreement as an addendum to the NETLAB+ agreement to help you comply with GDPR. We hope that this is received as intended, an agreement meant to serve your business needs.
End-of-Service for Remote Backups
In order to comply with GDPR, NDG is discontinuing the remote backup service for NETLAB AE/PE so that NDG will no longer transfer or store “Personal Data” entered in a NETLAB+ system outside of the hosting organization. A utility for creating local backups (details below) has been added to NETLAB AE/PE to replace remote backup service. This change does not affect NETLAB+ VE systems, which already utilize local backups.
End-of-service for remote backups on NETLAB AE/PE systems will take place as per the following schedule:
- Remote backup service will end as of May 25th, 2018 for all systems located in the European Union (EU).
- Remote backup service will end immediately for any system for which the Data Processing Addendum (see above) has been accepted.
- Remote backup service will end for all systems as of August 31st, 2018.
NDG recommends you upgrade to NETLAB+ Virtual Edition. If you are current on your NETLAB+ support services, you can convert your license from NETLAB AE or PE to NETLAB+ VE. The NETLAB+ VE product can be backed up as a virtual machine.
Local Backups of NETLAB AE/PE Systems
As of version 2018.R1.final, your NETLAB AE/PE system includes a utility to allow NETLAB+ administrators to make local backups of your NETLAB+ system, as a replacement for the remote backup service. We strongly encourage you to establish a plan for making backups of your NETLAB+ system on a regular basis to protect against data loss and for disaster recovery preparedness. In the event that the server needs to be replaced, you will need to provide NDG with the latest backup file.
Instructions for performing a local system backup are available in the NETLAB+ Administrator Guide.
Your system must be updated to NETLAB+ version 2018.R1.final to perform local backups. We recommend that this update is done at a time when your system will not be in high demand, such as after final exams and end of semester.
This software update is available to any system with a current maintenance agreement. For information on renewing your NETLAB+ maintenance agreement, please visit: https://www.netdevgroup.com/ordering/renew.html.