NEWS & EVENTS
Dear NETLAB+ Customers:
Thank you for putting your trust in NDG and allowing us to assist you in delivering quality, hands-on IT training to the learners in your community. In a year where access to remote learning has continued to be an absolutely crucial element to the success of any IT training program, we’re proud to collaborate with learning organizations throughout the world in rising to the challenge.
We invite you to take a look back at the additions in 2021 to our content offerings for NETLAB+, as summarized below. We also encourage you to visit our content list page that will help you quickly identify more ways your NETLAB+ system can help you serve your learners.
NETLAB+ Supported Labs Added in 2021
Cisco Networking Academy
- Network Security v1: Prepares learners to design, implement, and support security for networked devices and ensure their integrity.
- CCNP Enterprise: Core Networking (ENCOR) v8: Learners perform hands-on activities covering switching, routing, wireless, and related security topics, along with the technologies that support software-defined programmable networks.
- CCNP Enterprise: Advanced Routing And Services (ENARSI) v8: Gain the knowledge needed to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot an enterprise network and explore advanced routing and infrastructure technologies.
- Packet Tracer – v8 Pod: Provide access to Packet Tracer Workbench. Using NETLAB+, users can access and use Packet Tracer remotely, eliminating the need for learners to install Packet Tracer on their individual devices.
Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy
- Firewall Essentials PAN10 EDU-210: Enhance the student’s understanding of how to configure and manage Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewalls.
- Cybersecurity Foundation v1: Introduce learners to the fundamentals of cybersecurity and the concepts required to recognize and potentially mitigate attacks against enterprise networks, as well as mission-critical infrastructure.
- Network Security Fundamentals v1: Introduce learners to the fundamentals of network security, including concepts they must understand to recognize and potentially defend home networks and mission-critical infrastructure.
- Cloud Security Fundamentals v1: Introduce learners to the fundamentals of cloud security, including concepts they must understand to recognize threats and potentially defend against cloud-based attacks.
- Security Operations Fundamentals v1: High-level introduction to the general concepts of SOC (Security Operations Center) and SecOps (Security Operations Procedures).
Red Hat Academy
- System Administration I (RH124-RHEL8.2): Provide a foundation for students wishing to become full-time Linux system administrators.
- System Administration II (RH134-RHEL8.2): Designed for students who have completed RH124; these labs go deeper into enterprise Linux administration.
VMware IT Academy
- Data Center Virtualization – Core Technical Skills: Enable learners to build an understanding of virtualization and vSphere concepts, along with knowledge of data center technology and basic troubleshooting concepts.
- vSphere Optimize and Scale v7.0: Provide the hands-on experience needed to gain advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure.
Cybersecurity – General IT
- NDG Ethical Hacking (Series-2) v2: Designed to provide hands-on experience conducting a variety of ethical hacking practices.
- NDG Forensics v2: Provide hands-on experience in conducting a variety of forensics practices.
- Introduction to Software-Defined Networking: Provide a hands-on introduction to Software-Defined Networking (SDN), a networking paradigm that overcomes several limitations of traditional network infrastructure.
- Introduction to BGP: Allow learners to gain skills using and configuring Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
Other notable highlights for NDG in 2021 include a refreshed version of our Cloud and Virtualization Concepts micro-course, available through our NDG Online platform. The course now includes updated graphics and new material focused on container technology concepts—a popular advancement in virtualization technology.
Did you know that NETLAB+ and NDG Online can be configured for access through your school’s LMS? See our blog article for a discussion of the benefits and how to get started. (Please note that LMS systems are often branded and customized specific to an organization; the appearance of your LMS and the functionality of the user interface may vary greatly from the basic guidance provided in NDG’s documentation. Also, the options available to you may vary, depending on the level of permissions you have been granted by the administrator of your school’s LMS.)
We’re grateful for the opportunity to continue serving you and your learners in 2022!
We’d like to make you aware of several updates to our supported content offerings. The release notes pages linked below include instructions on updating the content on your NETLAB+ system (via the Course Manager in the NETLAB+ administrator interface).
Cisco Networking Academy Release Notes – Updates for the following lab series:
- Cisco IT Essentials v7
General IT and Cybersecurity Release Notes – Updates for the following lab series:
- UofSC – Introduction to SDN
Palo Alto Networks Academy Release Notes – Updates for the following lab series:
- Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security Fundamentals v1
VMware IT Academy Release Notes – Updates for the following lab series:
- VMware Data Center Virtualization – Core Technical Skills (formerly named VCTA-DCV 2021)
- VMware vSphere ICM v7.0
- VMware vSphere ICM v6.7
Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2022!
Recently, we shared information with you regarding a workaround from VMware to address the log4j exploit. The workaround is considered a temporary solution and may not adequately address all attack vectors.
VMware has updated their instructions to indicate they will address the issue in forthcoming releases to vCenter Server. Please refer to the following KB article for details, including the most recent update highlighted at the top of the page: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/87081
NDG recommends that you plan to update your vCenter Server. As stated in the KB article, VMSA-2021-0028 will be updated when these releases are available.
As you are likely already aware, a critical vulnerability was recently disclosed in Java logging package log4j. It has been brought to our attention that while the log4j exploit does not affect NETLAB+ VE directly, it does affect VMware vCenter.
VMware has issued the following KB article to provide a workaround to protect systems while they work on a patch: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/87081. Please note, ESXi is not affected per VMware: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/87068.
We appreciate your attention to this matter and will continue to share information with you as it becomes available.
NDG is pleased to announce the addition of the Cisco Network Security v1 labs for NETLAB+ VE.
The Network Security curriculum prepares learners to design, implement, and support security for networked devices and ensure their integrity. Hands-on labs allow learners to practice the skills needed to become Network Security professionals and play a vital role in protecting a company’s data from theft, damage, or disruption.
The Network Security v1 labs are supported by the Multi-Purpose Academy Pod w/ASA (MAP w/ASA). Please note that the MAP w/ASA topology page includes updates to the equipment lists for Cisco Standard Topology Configurations “F” and “E”.
NDG is pleased to announce the following update to our course and lab offerings available on NDG Online:
NDG Ethical Hacking (Series-2) v2 – NDG Ethical Hacking v2, developed by NDG, focuses on one of the most challenging sectors of cybersecurity. This series of labs is designed to provide hands-on experience conducting a variety of ethical hacking practices. These skills can help prepare trainees for a variety of IT positions, including: Cybersecurity Analyst, Penetration Tester, Ethical Hacker-Security Engineer, IT Security Specialist, Cybersecurity Engineer, and Information Security Engineer. The 8 new Series-2 labs differ from the Series-1 labs in that they make use of a Windows Server 2019 virtual machine.
For enrollment, pricing, and course delivery options, please see the NDG Online Ethical Hacking v2 labs page.
Thank you for choosing NETLAB+ to support your educational programs. NDG is pleased to announce the following lab library has been added to our supported curriculum content options for NETLAB+ VE.
Palo Alto Networks Firewall Essentials v10.0 (EDU-210)
These labs will enhance the student’s understanding of how to configure and manage Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewalls. Learners will gain hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring a firewall in the lab environment.
Please note that the corresponding curriculum is scheduled to be available in January 2022, via the Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy.
Please see the NDG website for details regarding the Palo Alto Networks Firewall Essentials v10.0 (EDU-210) labs.
NDG, in partnership with the VMware IT Academy, is pleased to announce a refreshed version of our Cloud and Virtualization Concepts micro-course. The course now includes updated graphics and new material focused on container technology concepts—a popular advancement in virtualization technology.
This content provides learners with the basic concepts related to virtualization, the software-defined data center, cloud computing, and containers. The micro-course takes approximately 8-12 hours to complete and is designed for the entry-level learner – no previous knowledge of virtualization required! Cloud and Virtualization Concepts is available for enrollment by individuals or for use in an instructor-led environment.
Why study Cloud and Virtualization Concepts?
- Virtualization is the fundamental technology that powers cloud computing
- Learn how virtualization makes today’s technologies more efficient and cost-effective
- Our Cloud and Virtualization Concepts course gives learners the advantage of hands-on practice with virtualization software
The Cloud and Virtualization Concepts course will enable you to:
- Explore creating a virtual machine and the benefits
- Move from a physical environment to a virtual one
- Describe types of virtualization used for data centers
- Describe virtualization, virtual machines, hypervisors, and VMware vSphere® components
- Describe the concepts of server, network, storage, and desktop virtualization
- Understand how individuals and businesses benefit from virtualization
- Access embedded videos and labs to help you along the way
- Understand cloud concepts such as types of cloud computing and popular cloud deployment models
- Understand container technology including concepts such as containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Explore how containers and virtual machines enable cloud computing, DevOps, and cloud-native development
- Understand the relationship between virtualization technology and sustainability.
For additional information and enrollment, please visit: https://www.netdevgroup.com/online/courses/virtualization/cloud-and-virtualization-concepts
NDG Online offers a variety of courses in an engaging learning environment that learners access right through their web browser. Learn more about NDG Online courses and labs.